The Organizational Services Division contains the Personnel Services Bureau and a variety of other specialized units. Each unit serves specific functions and has unique responsibilities within Tempe PD. The Personnel Services Bureau provides initial, ongoing and advanced training while recruiting and hiring the finest citizens in our community to serve as police officers. Other units within the division are charged with ensuring quality and standards, while maintaining communication with our community.
Audit & Compliance Unit
- Conducts professional reviews of administrative and operational functions and processes within the department.
- Reports compliance with policy and makes observations of performance.
Professional Standards Unit
- Conducts investigations of alleged serious employee misconduct and/or complex investigations.
- Conducts administrative reviews, such as officer involved shootings.
- The Professional Standards Unit can be contacted at 480 350-8047 or InternalAffairs@tempe.gov.
Media Relations & Community Affairs Unit
- Liaison with news media organizations, community organizations and groups.
- Assists in the development of community relations policies.
- Click here for more information about the Media Relations & Community Affairs Unit.
- Advanced and Continuing Employee Training
- Field Training
- Firearms Training
Recruiting & Hiring Unit
- Click here for more information about police officer and other jobs within the police department.
- The Detention Section is responsible for the daily operations and security of the Tempe City Detention Facility.
- The Detention Section can be contacted at 480 350-8569.
Volunteers In Policing
- Volunteers In Policing, also known as VIP's, are volunteers dedicated to assisting Tempe PD and its community.
- Click here for further information about VIP's.