The Tempe PRE Winter Extended Learning Camp is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact Tempe PRE at email@example.com or 480-858-7735
Tempe PRE Preschool
Application to Tempe PRE is now open for five additional classrooms that are anticipated to open in early 2018. The new classrooms will be at the following locations:
Please check back to this web page or sign up for email notification at www.tempe.gov/TempePRENews.
High-quality, citywide, free preschools for qualifying children ages 3 and 4
Tempe PRE is a two-year pilot program launched by the Tempe City Council to increase access to high-quality preschool at no cost for qualifying families. Families that are eligible for the program must live in Tempe and be living at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Level.
The school year has already begun; schedule depends on local school districts.
Tempe PRE is open to
- Children who live in Tempe
- Children who are age 3 or 4 by July 31, 2017
- Children who are potty-trained. Review our checklist.
- Families that meet income guidelines - living at or below 200 percent of Federal Poverty Level, click here.
Tempe PRE classrooms have
- Certified teachers hired and supervised by local school districts
- Well-trained instructional assistants
- HighScope curriculum which is child-centered and play-based
Tempe PRE programs offers
- Convenient locations at local elementary schools
- Full day, approximately 7 hours, Monday - Friday
- Optional before- and after-school extended learning at most sites
- Optional full-day summer program 2018
- Healthy meals and snacks
- Parenting support classes
- Evaluation of your child’s progress
Tempe PRE selection process
- Space is limited, selections will be made by random drawings
- Applications will be accepted online until all seats are filled
City of Tempe / Human Services Department / Education, Families and Youth Development
Tempe PRE phone: 480-858-PreK (7735)
To sign up for e-mail updates,please go to www.tempe.gov/TempePRENews.
March 20, 2017 Press Release: Tempe to launch free preschool for income-eligible children