If you have been cited for a City Code or Title 28 Moving violation, while operating a bicycle, you may be eligible to attend a Bicycle Diversion Class instead of paying the fine.
- The charge will be dismissed.
- You will not have to pay the fine for that charge.
- The violation was committed while operating a bicycle.
- Your bicycle charge has not already been set for a trial/hearing.
What to Do:
- Appear in Court to pay a $50.00 Diversion Fee and retain the receipt.
- Call Arizona State University Bicycle Safety at (480) 965-6068 for class dates and locations.
- Appear at the class and pay $15.00 (cash, cashier’s check, money order or credit cards accepted).
- Online classes are also available for the Bike Diversion Program. Click HERE for more information.
You MUST bring the following to class:
- Driver’s license or picture identification.
- Copy of the complaint.
- Receipt for $50 Diversion Fee payment.
- $15 Class Fee.
Failure to complete the bicycle diversion class AT LEAST SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR to your court date may result in additional monetary penalties being imposed.