Share your beautiful photos of Tempe, win prizes
Not to brag, but there are some pretty beautiful places in Tempe. We’ve seen some gorgeous views of our city taken by photographers from Tempe and around the world - and we’ve shared many of these photos on our @tempegov Instagram account.
To celebrate the artistry of these photographers, the City of Tempe is launching a new annual contest, the Tempe Instagrammys.
Tempe Instagrammys celebrates photographers and the best photos taken of Tempe each year. The inaugural contest begins Dec. 10 and runs through Jan. 10. Photographers are encouraged to submit photos of Tempe on Instagram to win recognition, trophies and very special Tempe prizes. Take a look at the rules and categories at www.tempe.gov/TempeInstagrammys
Winners will be announced on Jan. 19 at Tempe Center for the Arts at the EDGE Happy Hour. Join us for music, social fun, and to see the winning photos revealed on a screen. The all-female mariachi group, Las Chollas Peligrosas, will perform. Both EDGE and the Tempe Instagrammys are free to attend. Tempe Center for the Arts is located at 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Take a photo of someone or something in Tempe.
2. Post it on Instagram.
3. Include #TempeInstagrammys in your post.
4. Do it by Jan. 10.
All winners will receive:
- A spot in a display of winning photos at the Spring Tempe Festival of the Arts
- Winning photo with credit posted to Tempe social media platforms, including the cover of City of Tempe Facebook.
- Winning photo will be shown on Tempe 11
- Inclusion on a banner of winning photos that will hang in Tempe for a month
AND the prize associated with the category that the photographer wins, such as spring training tickets, kayaking on Town Lake, tickets to Tempe Center for the Arts events, prizes from Tempe Camera and more.